My KIDD ancestry.
1. Andrew KIDD was born about 1732 near Londonderry, Tyrone Co, IRE,. He married Martha TAYLOR in 1752, and they have nine known children. Andrew died in Jan-1790 in Tyrone Co., IRE.
- 2. i. John KIDD was born in 1754 in Tyrone Co., IRE. He married Elizabeth WILLIAMS, and they have no known children.
- 3. ii. George KIDD was born in 1756. He married Jane/Jean LOVE, and they have no known children. George died on 22-Mar-1802 in Cecil Co., MD.
- + 4. iii. Richard KIDD was born on 12-Sep-1768.
- + 5. iv. James KIDD was born in 1769.
- 6. v. The date of birth for Andrew KIDD is not known.
- 7. vi. The date of birth for Martha KIDD is not known.
- 8. vii. The date of birth for Thomas KIDD is not known.
- 9. viii. Jean/Jane KIDD was born about 1772 in Cecil Co, MD. She married Thomas >SMITH on 21-Jun-1802, and they have no known children.
- 10. ix. ElizabethKIDD was born about 1774 in Cecil Co, MD. She married John LYON, and they have no known children.
4. Richard KIDD, the son of Andrew KIDD and Martha TAYLOR, was born on 12-Sep-1768 in Cecil Co, MD. He married Mary Ann RICHARDSON about 1795, and they have seven known children. Richard died on 9-Feb-1846 in Frederick Co, VA.
- 11. i. Martha KIDD was born on 9-Feb-1795 in Muskim Co, OH. She married Richard SUTTON on 9-Jan-1812 in Frederick Co, VA, and they have no known children. They lived in Zanesville OH in 1837.
- 12. ii. James KIDD was born on 25-Apr-1797. He married HesterBOYD on 30-Dec-1862, and they have no known children. James died on 30-Dec-1862 in Marion Co, WV.
- 13. iii. George KIDD was born on 1-Jan-1800. George died about 1830.
- 14. iv. Andrew KIDD was born on 6-Dec-1801 in VA. He married Nancy WHITTINGTON, and they have no known children. Andrew died on 17-Dec-1862 in Brazil, Clay, IN.
- 15. v. Benjamin KIDD was born on 4-Jan-1804 in VA. He married Hannah REESE on 20-Sep-1830 in Frederick Co, VA, and they have no known children. Benjamin died in 1851. He lived near Carlinville, Marcoupa Co. IL in 1837-38.
- 16. vi. Maria KIDD was born on 25-Dec-1807 in VA. Maria died about 1901 in Brazil, Clay, IN.
- + 17. vii. Richard KIDD was born on 3-Apr-1810.
5. James KIDD, the son of Andrew KIDD and Martha TAYLOR, was born in 1769 in Cecil Co, MD. He married Rebecca LYON on 27-Jun-1797 in Baltimore, MD, and they have eight known children. James died on 29-Dec-1813 in Cecil Co, MD. He was buried in West Nottingham Cem, Cecil Co, MD
- 18. i. Samuel KIDD was born on 18-Jul-1794. He married Francina CHRIISTIE on 8-Aug-1828, and they have no known children.
- 19. ii. Jane KIDD was born on 29-Sep-1798. She married Benjamin DAVIS on 20-Mar-1817, and they have no known children.
- 20. iii. Margaret KIDD was born on 19-Jul-1800. She married Nathaniel WILER on 11-Mar-1819, and they have no known children. Margaret died on 1-Feb-1826.
- 21. iv. Andrew KIDD was born on 7-Feb-1802. He married Sarah Philips RING on 1-Dec-1827, and they have no known children. Andrew died on 23-Apr-1878.
- 22. v. Ann KIDD was born on 5-Nov-1803. She married Hugh JONES on 20-Dec-1821 in Cecil Co, MD, and they have no known children. Ann died on 19-Mar-1855 in Castleton, Hartford, MD.
- 23. vi. James Taylor KIDD was born on 22-Nov-1805. James died on 28-Nov-1813.
- 24. vii. George KIDD was born on 11-Dec-1809. George died on 8-Sep-1821.
- 25. viii. Mary Elizabeth KIDD was born on 28-Dec-1811. She married Richard KIDD on 4-Jun-1837, and they have no known children. Mary died on 2-Jul-1901.
17. Richard KIDD, the son of Richard KIDD and Mary Ann RICHARDSON, was born on 3-Apr-1810 in Winchester, Frederick Co, VA. He married Mary Almira TWITCHELL on 3-Nov-1840 in Peoria Co, IL, and they have ten known children. Richard died on 10-Oct-1875 in Danforth, Iroqois Co, IL.
Richard KIDD packed his saddle bags in Frederick Co., VA and headed west by horseback in 1837, going to Zanesville, OH where he spent the first winter months with his sister, Martha SUTTON. Sometime in the spring or early summer he pushed on and arrived at his brother Benjamin's home near Carlinville, Macoupa Co., IL. After a short stay, he made his way to Peoria where he soon found a grist mill known as Hales Mill about 5 miles NW of the city on Kickapoo Creek. He was a miller there until after his marriage on 30 Oct. 1840 shortly after which he bought 80 acres west of Princeville, IL at $1.25/acre. He and his wife moved into a cabin near Princeville where he made some improvements then went back to the mill and then back to the farm until 1870 when he sold the place.
- + 26. i. Hester Ann KIDD was born on 31-Oct-1842.
- 27. ii. Mary Helen KIDD was born in 1847 in Peoria Co, IL.
- 28. iii. James Richard KIDD was born in Apr-1850 in Peoria Co, IL. He married Sophronia A LUKECART on 23-Mar-1875 in Peoria Co, IL, and they have no known children. James died in Streator, IL.
- 29. iv. The date of birth for Charles KIDD is not known. Charles died in infancy.
- 30. v. Amanda V KIDD was born about 1852.
- 31. vi. Hanna MKIDD was born about 1854. Hanna died in Eldorado, KS.
- 32. vii. The date of birth for Martha Emma KIDD is not known.
- 33. viii. The date of birth for George KIDD is not known. George died when small.
- 34. ix. William KIDD was born in 1859 in IL. William died in Apr-1902 in Gilman, IL.
- 35. x. The date of birth for Adeline KIDD is not known. Adeline died in IA.
26. Hester Ann KIDD, the daughter of Richard KIDD and Mary Almira TWITCHELL, was born on 31-Oct-1842 in Hales' Mill, Pottstown, Peoria County, IL. She married Absalom HARRISON on 24-May-1863 in Princeville, IL, and they have seven known children. Hester died on 16-Jul-1919 in Radnor Township, Peoria County, IL. She was buried in Dickison Cemetery.
- i. Essie Laura HARRISON was born on 24-Jan-1868 in Dunlap, IL. She married Joseph M EMERY on 15-Jan-1890, and they have one known child. Essie died on 21-Oct-1933 in Corona, CA.
- ii. Marian Isadore HARRISON was born on 6-Mar-1870 in Dunlap, IL. She married John Work PARKS on 27-Feb-1894, and they have one known child. Marian died on 20-Apr-1949. She was buried in Dunlap, IL.
- iii. Loren Edmund HARRISON was born on 26-Apr-1872 in Dunlap, IL. Loren died on 22-Apr-1888 in Dunlap, IL.
- iv. Lydia Hester HARRISON was born on 10-Dec-1873 in Dunlap, IL. Lydia died on 16-Oct-1965 in Dunlap, IL. She lived on the homestead all her life and remained mentally sharp to the end. I remember visiting her in the 1950's. She was a feisty lady who attended PTA meetings all her life even though she never married and had no children. She broke her hip, when in her 80's, when she fell off the ladder while painting her house.
- v. Myron Absalom HARRISON was born on 21-Dec-1876 in Dunlap, IL. He married Ida Belle GILMORE on 20-Mar-1901 in Ford Co., IL, and they have no known children. Myron died on 9-Feb-1936 in Dunlap, IL.
- vi. Flora Agnes HARRISON was born on 19-Jun-1880 in Dunlap, IL. Flora died on 6-Jul-1944 in Dunlap, IL. She served as a nurse in WWI and taught school.
- vii. Fred Arthur HARRISON was born on 20-Feb-1888 in Dunlap, IL. He married, first, Genevieve BUEHNER> on 10-Mar-1910, and they have no known children. He married, second,
Margaret GILLAM or GILLIAM, and they have no known children.
To find more about KIDD genealogy, visit the KIDD pages at:
The Kidd Konnections Page
Return to main page.
If you have any questions or comments, please:Email me.
© Copyright 1998-2003.
All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied.
Permission to SELL or copy for sale any email addresses or links is hereby denied.
This website was created by Bobbie
Return to main page.